Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Project: A Vacation in Westeros

Just to get into this whole "Blogging" thing, I figured I'd cover a few projects for the first two or three days in order to get my mind wrapped around exactly want to do and let whoever so pleases to read my blog know what's the score. First and foremost is something that I've actually been fairly excited about, at least on a conceptual level.


See, I've never actually read A Song of Fire and Ice or Game of Thrones or what have you. I have some friends who will say that this makes me a bad person. Others who have said that I've avoided a taint on fantasy literature everywhere. And what with the HBO series (that I can't watch) wrapping up and setting numerous other blogs that I read a-fire, I figured why not. Now is the perfect time for a vacation in the mystical lands of Westeros.

Wait, what's that you say? Winter is coming?

Oh dear.

Regardless, I'll be reading a chapter or two a day, collating some notes, and then presenting what I think of the thing as I read it. It's like a liveblog of some major event, except the only event is an incredibly late to the party nerd reading a book that everyone else read ages ago and likely complaining about. And not really at the time he's reading it either.

So nothing at all like a liveblogging. I still need something to do whilst unemployed and searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment