Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Because I should Probably do something

So, for the longest time, I've heard a few pieces of advice regarding writing. Whether it came from Proper literary luminaries, pulpy story producers, or short story spinners, they all have the same thing to say.

1. Always write something.
2. Maintain a schedule.

So I guess I failed at the second one anyway. I always write at least a paragraph a day on some projects, most of which will never see the light of day for a number of reasons. Honestly, I feel they're kind of shit.

One of the reasons I started this blog though, and one of the reasons I force myself to post the entries to the public places I do, is so that I'd become slightly less neurotic about other people seeing my stuff. I've never liked having others read whatever I create, so why not work on that by writing some fairly inconsequential stuff on the Internet for a while? There are worse ways to go about working through issues.

Of course, the main reason I missed posts is because I finally chose to begin having a (short lived) social life. Ah well. I'm only disappointing myself by failing.by the by, this was written on my iPhone, and I really don't want to do this again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment