Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Perfect Food Proves It's Even Perfect-er

Pizza is by far the best food ever devised on this spinning rock we call Earth. In fact, if there was one food that would be indicitive of everything good about humanity, it would be pizza. If there was one food that I could eat for the rest of my life and not grow tired of, it would be pizza.

And that's partially why I'm covering this. I mean, Pizza's one of the most versatile foodstuffs in the world, and it's delicious. So when I heard rumors (and potentially heresies) of being able to cook pizza on a grill, well.

Someone had to do something.

So I ignored what many other people have likely done in order to experiment with this first hand. And I am alive and able to report that Pizza does, indeed, grill.

Mind you, this iteration didn't exactly work. This is what I did:

1. Take your crust (for the sake of time and effort, a premade crust was used) and place it on a pre-heated grill. We have a charcoal grill, and we had he fire hot.

2. Wait for a minute and a half to two minutes. Rotate if it gets charred. Do Not Cover.

3. Remove from grill, quickly put on toppings.

4. Return to grill, cover, pray that it doesn't turn out too poorly. Let cook for another minute or two.

5. Remove. Cut. Eat.

All told, it's a bit char-y, but there's the twinklings of a good pizza recipe (as though there's a bad one). I think if I actually make my own dough next time, and were I to coat with olive oil maybe, it'll turn out better.

But yeah. Pizza! On the grill! Whodathunkit.

No comments:

Post a Comment