Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The List

Why haven't I thought of this before? I mean besides the fact that it's a monthly one shot that can only handle for one day.

Everyone has a List. Now, that List's contents depend pretty heavily on the person. Some people's Lists are inhabited by sports events. Some by coupon advertisements that they need to butcher. Yet other people have Lists dedicated entirely to how pretty their cats are.

I mean, I assume, I don't pretend to know what everyone's Lists is.

Basically, a List is what you currently have on your plate as far as hobbies go. Some people have a few, some have one, some have.... Well, less than one and more than zero. Hobbies are weird that way. So the idea with this post is a way to formulate my thoughts, especially with regards to my major List. That List would be stuff I'm playing at the moment. This way I can know what I'm playing, why I'm playing, and what I should focus on. Good times!

(Plus it may or may not give me an easy blog entry while I'm working through my general malaise. Much easier to write when you're not contending with depression, after all.)

So yes. The List.

  • Alpha Protocol
    • Playthrough...... Three? Four? I do not know. Probably a shotgun asshole run though.
  • Dead Rising 2 
    • First successful playthrough, possibly a bit more. It's actually really fun, I just kind of shuffled it down the list.
  • Dead Space 2  
    • Noticing a lot of twos. Second playthrough, focusing on guns that aren't the plasma cutter.
  • Demon's Souls 
    • First playthrough. I just need to actually sit down and learn this one though.
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 
    • Yet more 2. Something something continue running through the game oh help me god help me.
  • Fallout: New Vegas
    • Hardcore mode playthrough. Samurai of the wastes maybe. Maybe.
  • GOD HAND 
    • Because fuck you, GOD HAND.
  • Mass Effect 2  
    • Again with the 2. Insane Renegade Soldier playthrough. To those who haven't played ME2, that sounds really bad.
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Zeta Gundam  
    • Build up for importing Mobile Suit Gundam EXTREME Vs. I don't think I've ever been more excited for something. I may need to rethink som priorities. I also really hate that they got Linkin Park to make the theme song for this game. I also also highly suggest actually watching that video, especially if you like giant robots kicking stuff. I know at least 1.5 of my readers do.
  • MS Saga 
    • Finish playthrough. Shame it's such a blah RPG.

An observant viewer will notice a lack of Deus Ex on that list. That is because I beat it. And quite frankly, if Portal 2 hadn't been perfect in every way, and if Gundam EXTREME Vs wasn't going to be coming out this year, AND if the bosses hadn't been such utter shit, I would likely have crowned this my game of the year.

As is, it'll have to do with the third or fourth place on that list. So tragic, I know.

And on a completely unrelated note, I love the hell out of Blogger's new blogging interface. It's wonderfully minimalistic, while everything I need is pretty clearly indicated. Seriously wonderful.

And I was completely serious about watching the Gundam trailer. It is now on my required viewing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment